- 10 chicken drumsticks (about 1.5kg)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 60 gm fat, such as duck fat, tallow or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 40 gm (¼ cup) baby capers in vinegar, rinsed
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml dry white wine
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 120 gm (¾ cup) pitted green olives
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano leaves, to serve
- 1Place drumsticks in a large bowl and season to taste. Combine vinegar, fat or oil, fennel seeds and garlic in a separate bowl and mix to combine well. Pour marinade over chicken and rub into skin. Cover with plastic wrap and stand at room temperature for 1 hour to marinate.
- 2Preheat oven to 200C. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan, pour marinade over, scatter with capers and bay leaves, then pour in stock and white wine, sprinkle paprika over chicken and roast, basting occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and golden, adding olives during last 10 minutes of cooking (40-45 minutes). Season to taste, scatter with oregano and serve.