- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 golden shallot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 500 gm clams, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes
- 60 ml white wine
- 100 gm tinned flageolet beans, drained
- 50 gm jamón serrano, finely diced
- 50 gm unsalted butter
- To taste: lemon juice
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, preferably with a glass lid, over low heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes without colouring. Increase the heat to high, add clams and wine, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove clams as soon as they open; discard any that don’t open.
- 2Add the beans and jamón to the pan, reduce the heat to low and stir in the butter. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Return the clams to the pan and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Note Rockpool Bar & Grill, by Neil Perry, will be published in October by Murdoch Books ($79.99, hbk). In this preview, recipes have been reproduced with minor GT style changes. This recipe is from the September 2011 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm