- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 60 gm mixed bitter leaves, such as radicchio, and white and red witlof
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) chervil leaves
- 2 tbsp each of (loosely packed) watercress and tarragon leaves
- 3 chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 tsp coarsely chopped dill
Palm sugar dressing
- 1 tsp light palm sugar
- 2½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp each of sherry and red wine vinegar
- ¼ clove of garlic, crushed
- Pinch each of finely chopped chervil and chives
- 1For dressing, heat palm sugar in a small saucepan for 1½ minutes over high heat or until caramelised, add 1 tbsp water to deglaze, remove from heat, then gradually add oil, vinegars and garlic, whisking to combine. Add herbs.
- 2Combine salad leaves and herbs, season to taste, add dressing, toss well and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm