Makes about 40
- 10 gm (1½ tbsp) dried yeast
- 250 gm plain flour
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing and brushing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1Combine yeast, sugar and 150ml lukewarm water in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and stand in a warm place until foamy (15 minutes). Add flour, olive oil, rosemary and ½ tsp sea salt. Mix to combine, turn onto a work bench and knead until smooth (3-5 minutes). Roll dough to 1½cm-thick, place on a greased tray, brush with extra olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and stand in a warm place until double in size (1-1½ hours).
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Cut dough into 5cm x 1cm strips. Using your hands and working with one at a time, roll strips to 5mm thick and place on a greased oven tray, leaving 1cm space between each. Once tray is filled, brush liberally with olive oil and bake until golden (8-10 minutes). Meanwhile, roll remaining, then repeat. Serve with prosciutto.
Drink Suggestion: Anything cold and open. Drink suggestion by James Broadway