- 750 gm washed and trimmed micro target (pink) or baby beetroot (see note)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 red shallots, peeled
- for roasting rock salt
- 1 punnet baby watercress, picked borage flowers, beetroot leaves, pea tendrils and violet flowers, to garnish
- 1 tbsp Banyuls vinegar (see note)
- 1 tbsp white truffle-infused honey (see note)
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For truffle honey dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Combine beetroot and1 tbsp olive oil, season to taste, wrap in parcels of 10 in foil. Combine shallots and1 tbsp dressing, season to taste, wrap in foil. Spread rock salt over the base of oven tray and place foil packages on top. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender when tested with a knife. Cool, then peel beetroot and set aside.
- 3Drizzle dressing over beetroot and shallots, arrange on a platter with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Note Micro target, or pink beetroot, is available from select greengrocers. Banyuls vinegar is available from specialty food stores. Baby watercress, borage and violet flowers, pea tendrils and beetroot leaves are available from select greengrocers. White truffle-infused honey is available from Simon Johnson and specialty food stores.