“Everyone loves maple syrup; just don’t skimp and buy the artificial version. Mild roasting brings added crunch and deeper flavour to the almonds.”
- 40 gm natural almonds
- 40 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 12 apricots, halved, stone removed
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 120 gm firm ricotta
- To serve: demerara sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Scatter almonds on an oven tray and roast until golden (5-7 minutes). Cool, coarsely chop and set aside.
- 2Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, add apricot halves in batches and turn occasionally until just tender and slightly golden (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat, pour over maple syrup and serve scattered with ricotta, sugar and almonds.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am