- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gm 'nduja, skin removed (see note)
- 4 scampi (about 40gm each)
- 4 buffalo burrata (about 150 gm each), drained, at room temperature (see note)
- 1Preheat a char-grill over high heat. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 'nduja and stir occasionally until fragrant and slightly darkened (3-5 minutes), set aside and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, brush scampi with remaining oil and grill, cut-side down, turning once, until golden and just cooked through (2-3 minutes each side). Season to taste, scatter with 'nduja and serve with buffalo burrata.
'Nduja is a spreadable salami available from select butchers and delicatessens. Burrata, meaning "buttery", is a fresh Italian cheese available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute buffalo mozzarella.
This recipe is from the May 2010 issue of