Here's a chilled-out take on the Hemingway Daiquiri from Julian Serna, bar manager of Foveaux Restaurant + Bar in Sydney.
- 45 ml Pampero Selección 1938 rum
- 40 ml ruby grapefruit juice
- 10 ml maraschino liqueur
- To serve: vanilla ice (see note)
- 1Add rum, grapefruit juice and maraschino liqueur to a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake hard and fast, and strain into a tumbler (see note) over large chunks of vanilla ice.
Note For vanilla ice, mix 2 tsp pure vanilla extract or the seeds scraped from a vanilla bean with 1.5 litres of water and freeze in a lunchbox or takeaway food container. Fold ice in a clean tea towel and crack it into large shards with a rolling pin or bottle. Julian Serna prefers the stemless Riedel 'O' series wine glasses.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm