"It's a take on the Dark and Stormy," says Simon Toohey of Lobo Plantation. Toohey says he and fellow Lobo barkeep Jay Gray love medicinal-tasting American-style root beer (not to be confused with ginger beer). "It's an acquired taste, but if it's a taste you've acquired, you'll be drinking it all night long."
- 50 ml Havana Añejo Especial
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- To top: A&W root beer
- To garnish: lime halves
- To garnish: maraschino cherries and mint leaves
- 1Fill a tall glass with large ice cubes. Add rum and bitters, top with root beer, garnish with lime, maraschino cherries and mint leaves and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am