- 850 gm ocean trout fillet, skin on, pin-boned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To serve: lemon wedges
Walnut and coriander salsa
- 140 gm walnut halves
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander (about 1 bunch)
- ¾ preserved lemon, white pith removed, rinsed, finely chopped
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp each of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1For walnut and coriander salsa, preheat oven to 180C. Place walnuts on an oven tray and roast until deep golden (5-10 minutes). Cool, then rub off excess skins, finely chop and transfer to a bowl. Add remaining ingredients to walnuts and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate until required.
- 2Reduce oven to 110C. Place trout, skin-side down, on a baking paper-lined oven tray, brush with oil, season to taste with sea salt and roast until medium rare (30-35 minutes).
- 3Carefully transfer trout to a plate, spoon salsa over and serve immediately with lemon wedges to the side.
Drink Suggestion: Citrussy chardonnay such as Milton Riverpoint or Krinklewood. Drink suggestion by James Broadway