- 300 gm sashimi-grade snapper fillet, skin removed, sliced across the grain into 3mm-thick slices
- 100 ml lime juice
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup each (firmly packed) coriander and mint
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, shaved across the grain, fronds coarsely chopped
- 2 blood oranges, segmented and chopped, juice reserved (see note)
- 1Marinate snapper in lime juice for 15 minutes, then drain. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with sea salt to taste.
- 2Combine snapper with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Note Substitute Valencia or navel oranges if blood oranges are unavailable.