Shown top left with <a href="/marinated_olives.htm">marinated olives</a>.
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 gm blanched almonds
- 2 tsp each of ground cumin and smoked paprika
- 20 gm sea salt
- 1Gently warm oil in a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add almonds and stir continuously until light golden (5-10 minutes). Add spices and cook for another minute, then remove from heat, stir through salt and cool. Almonds will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
Drink Suggestion: Dry apéritif-style wines or a sherry such as La Goya Manzanilla. Drink suggestion by Lok Thornton
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am