- 500 gm baby squid, preferably Hawkesbury
- 1 head green garlic (see note)
- 2 new-season globe artichokes
- 1 large lemon (juice of)
- 1 bulb fennel, shaved on a mandolin
- ¾ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Clean squid, reserving tentacles, keeping small squid whole and halving large squid lengthways. Finely slice garlic. Pare back artichokes, remove the choke and slice as finely as possible. Toss with a little lemon juice to prevent discolouration. Combine garlic, artichoke, fennel, parsley, oil and remaining lemon juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Drizzle squid with a little olive oil, season the squid and sear over high heat for 1-2 minutes or until just opaque.
- 3Add squid to salad mixture, toss to combine and serve immediately.
Green garlic is the mild young plant. Use the bulb and pale part of the stem.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am