- 1.5 kg potatoes, thinly sliced, rinsed under cold running water
- 6 each onions and garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- For greasing: butter
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 1 litre vegetable stock (4 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Butter a flameproof roasting pan. Make a layer of potato, add a few slices of onion and garlic, a bay leaf and a few small thyme sprigs. Repeat the process several times.
- 2Cover the potato with the vegetable stock, season to taste and bake for 45 minutes. Serve as an accompaniment to roast meats.
This recipe is from the July 2010 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller. Reprinted from Rôtis ($49.95, hbk) by Stéphane Reynaud. Copyright © 2009. Published by Murdoch Books. Reynaud's recipes have been reproduced with minor Gourmet Traveller style changes.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm