- 1.25 kg pork ribs
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 100 gm peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 80 gm tomato sauce
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 onions, halved
- 2 leeks, white part only, halved
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- 1 bouquet garni (see note)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Combine the garlic, shallot, peanut and coriander with the tomato sauce, soy sauce and olive oil and mix well into a marinade. Season to taste.
- 2Put the onion, leek and celery into a large saucepan of water and allow to simmer over low heat. Add the bouquet garni, then immerse the ribs and simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat, skimming regularly.
- 3Transfer ribs to a flameproof roasting pan (discard cooking liquid and vegetables). Cover with the marinade so they are well coated, then roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, making sure the meat is well basted with the marinade. The ribs should have a glazed appearance and the meat should come away from the bones.
Note To make bouquet garni, tie 3 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, 6 sprigs fresh thyme and 3 fresh bay leaves together with kitchen string. This recipe is from the July 2010 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller. Reprinted from Rôtis ($49.95, hbk) by Stéphane Reynaud. Copyright © 2009. Published by Murdoch Books. Reynaud's recipes have been reproduced with minor Gourmet Traveller style changes.
Drink Suggestion: Full-bodied Provençal rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm