- 500 gm sugar snap peas, trimmed, string removed
- 300 gm (1 1⁄4 cups) soft fresh ricotta
- 20 gm (1⁄4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 ½ tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chervil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) olive oil, to taste
- 1Blanch sugar snap peas in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until bright green (30 seconds to 1 minute). Drain, and refresh in iced water. When cool, remove and drain well. Combine ricotta and parmesan in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt. If ricotta is very dry, add a little milk – you're looking for a creamy consistency.
- 2Combine sugar snap peas, herbs, lime rind and juice and olive oil in a bowl, season to taste and toss together. Spread ricotta mixture onto a couple of plates or a platter, top with salad and serve.