- 300g pork loin
- 15g murray river sea salt
- 5g wattleseed
- 1g pepperberry
- 1g cracked black pepper
- 10g vegetable oil
- 20g good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 10g lemon juice
- 10g whey (from the yoghurt)
- 2 green apples
- 40g verjuice
- 300g good quality Greek yoghurt
- 1g table salt
- 2 bulbs of finely sliced baby fennel
- 80g finely shaved lardo
- 15 Mexican cucumbers, cut in half
- fennel fronds, picked and washed
- 16 society garlic flowers
- 1Mix yoghurt and salt, wrap in cheese cloth and hang for 6 hours keeping the whey.
- 2Trim the pork loin of all sinew and fat. Coat in vegetable oil and roll in the wattleseed, pepperberry salt mix. Regulate your smoker at 110C and add your hickory wood to the coals. Place the loin in the smoker. Using an internal digital probe, wait until the temperature reaches 60C (approx. 40 minutes). Remove and rest wrapped in foil for 30 minutes before slicing.
- 3Slice the cheeks of the apple 1mm fine using a mandolin and compress in a vacuum bag with verjuice.
- 4To serve, toss the shaved pork loin, lardo, apple fennel and Mexican cucumbers with dressing and arrange on a plate. Finish with fennel fronds, garlic flowers and hung yoghurt.
This recipe is presented by Australian Pork
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am