“This is great at summer weddings. Everyone generally likes vanilla and apple. This is balanced so it can function as a delightful apéritif or as something to sip on through the afternoon. Even grandma gets into this one.” - Jason Crawley
- 2 granny smith apples, halved
- ½ lemon
- Sprig thyme, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or white sugar
- 45 ml vanilla vodka
- 1In a shaker, add 3 apple cheeks, lemon, thyme and sugar and muddle.
- 2Add vodka, half-fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into a chilled martini glass. Cut 2 thin slices from remaining apple, float in glass, top with a sprig of thyme and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am