- 1 brown onion, finely chopped (large)
- 80 ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 800 gm veal, coarsely chopped
- For dusting: seasoned flour
- 125 ml dry white wine (½ cup)
- 400 gm giant green kalamata olives
- 500 ml veal stock (2 cups)
- 300 gm peeled broad beans
- 500 gm fresh pappardelle, cooked
- To serve: finely chopped rosemary
- To serve: finely grated grana Padano
- 1Sweat onion in 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant. Dust veal with flour. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the veal and brown for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally and deglaze pan with white wine.
- 2Add veal to onions, add olives and stock to cover, reduce heat to low, simmer for 90 minutes. Meat should hold its shape yet melt in the mouth. Add beans, cook 2-3 minutes, then toss through pasta. Top with rosemary and cheese.