"This punch is also fun to serve in a hollowed-out watermelon," says Philips. "Place the empty watermelon in the freezer for a while to chill it completely before serving."
- 500 ml freshly juiced (or blended) watermelon juice
- 150 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 150 ml sugar syrup (see note)
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 150 ml Aperol
- 300 ml gin
- To garnish: lemon slices
- 1Process watermelon, lemon juice, sugar syrup and mint leaves in a blender, then refrigerate for flavours to develop and to chill (20-30 minutes). Stir in Aperol and gin and transfer to a chilled jug. Serve over ice, garnished with mint sprigs and sliced lemon.