- 4 spatchcock (about 600gm each)
- 8 sprigs each thyme and rosemary
- 4 golden shallots, halved
- 8 garlic cloves, bruised, plus 1 extra, finely chopped
- 8 chipolata sausages
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 250 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 50 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Rinse spatchcocks inside and out under cold running water, pat dry with absorbent paper and season to taste inside and out. Stuff cavities with herbs, shallots and bruised garlic, truss legs with kitchen string and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour for skin to dry.
- 2Place spatchcocks in a roasting pan with chipolata sausages, drizzle spatchcocks with oil and rub into skin, then season generously to taste. Add stock and wine to pan and roast, basting spatchcock occasionally, until golden and cooked through (25-30 minutes). Rest for 10 minutes.
- 3Blanch beans until bright green (1-2 minutes), drain, refresh and drain well. While the spatchcocks are resting, heat butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Add beans and chopped garlic and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned (4-5 minutes). Squeeze lemon over, season to taste and serve hot with spatchcock and chipolatas.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm