"Potatoes go with butter, butter goes with miso and, strangely, miso goes with pecorino," says Michael Ryan. "These three ingredients have been waiting to get together for some time."
- 500 gm small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 100 gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ tbsp white miso
- 50 gm aged pecorino, finely grated with a Microplane
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender (15-20 minutes). Drain, cool briefly, and then cut each potato in half.
- 2Beat butter and miso in a bowl to combine, then transfer to a large deep frying pan and melt over low heat. Add potatoes and toss to coat until warmed through (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a 20cm x 30cm oval or rectangular ceramic baking dish that fits potatoes in a single layer, and bake until turning golden brown on edges (15-20 minutes). Scatter generously with finely grated pecorino and serve hot.