- 350 gm plain yoghurt
- 50 ml dry apple cider (2½ tbsp)
- 2 baby cucumbers
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 ripe fig, halved
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp chardonnay vinegar
- 2 Dutch carrots, scrubbed, trimmed and sliced into ribbons on a mandolin
- 2 small radishes, scrubbed, trimmed and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons on a mandolin
- 2 tsp podded peas
- 2 tbsp of different herbs and herb flowers, such as, basil, rocket, rocket flowers, garlic flowers, lemon balm
- 1Place yoghurt in a double layer of muslin, gather into a bundle, tie with string and hang in the refrigerator over a bowl to drain for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, stir in cider vinegar and refrigerate until required.
- 2Heat a char-grill pan to high. Grill cucumber without turning, and onion and fig cut-sides down until well charred (4-6 minutes for cucumber and onion; 3-4 minutes for fig). Combine cucumber in a container with macadamia oil and chardonnay vinegar, cover and set aside to steam and cool (5 minutes). Separate onion layers and cut the fig into 2cm-3cm chunks. Remove cucumber from vinegar mixture (reserve) and thinly slice.
- 3Place carrot, radish and zucchini in a bowl of iced water for 5 minutes to crisp, then drain and season to taste. Spoon yoghurt curd into a serving bowl, scatter with peas, then arrange vegetables, fig, herbs and flowers alongside. Drizzle with the macadamia oil and vinegar mixture and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm