- 1 kg fatty minced lamb
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 18 flat metal or bamboo skewers
- To serve: <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/burghul_pilaf.htm'>burghul pilaf</a></b> and <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/shepherds_salad.htm'>shepherd’s salad</a></b>
- 1Process all ingredients and 2 tsp each of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt in a food processor until a coarse paste forms.
- 2Using wet hands, form ¼ cupfuls of mixture into 2.5cm x 15cm sausages, then insert skewers lengthways into sausages, pressing meat mixture around skewers to secure well.
- 3Barbecue or char-grill köfte over high heat, turning often, for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, then serve with burghul pilaf to the side and shepherd’s salad passed separately.