These individual serves of tiramisù with a twist are ready to eat straight away, but are also good a day or two later when the flavours have melded.
- 12 savoiardi biscuits
- 500 gm mascarpone (2 cups)
- 200 gm crème fraîche
- 55 gm dark muscovado or dark brown sugar (¼ cup)
- 50 gm dark muscovado or dark brown sugar
- 200 ml espresso
- 80 ml Marsala or brandy (⅓ cup)
- 1 tbsp Galliano or amaretto
- 1For coffee syrup, stir sugar and half the espresso in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and refrigerate for 5 minutes to cool a little.
- 2Arrange savoiardi in a deep tray, spoon coffee syrup over them and leave until liquid is absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- 3Whisk mascarpone, crème fraîche and sugar in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Divide half the soaked savoiardi among small serving bowls or glasses, breaking into smaller pieces if necessary. Top with a little whipped mascarpone mixture and crushed amaretti and dust with cocoa, then repeat layering. Scatter with extra crushed amaretti and chocolate shavings to serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am