- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bunches of asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 anchovy fillet, finely chopped
- ½ tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp pouring cream
- For garnish: coriander leaves
- 1In a frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add asparagus spears, reserving heads of 1 bunch, and anchovy. Cook for 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, then add cumin and coriander. Cool slightly.
- 2Spoon asparagus mixture into the base of 4 1-cup-capacity ramekins, break an egg into each, drizzle 1 tsp pouring cream into each and top with reserved asparagus heads. Steam for 8 minutes or until eggs are just set. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am