- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lamb rumps (about 350gm each), fat trimmed, at room temperature
- 300 gm unpodded peas (see note)
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1 bunch mint, leaves torn
- 2 tbsp caramelised red wine vinegar (see note)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 820 gm canned borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 100 gm Persian feta, drained
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season lamb rumps and cook, turning occasionally, until medium rare (15-20 minutes). Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, pod peas, then blanch (1-2 minutes).
- 3Combine remaining ingredients (except beans and feta) in a bowl. Add beans and peas and toss to combine. Transfer to plates, slice lamb and add to bean mixture, scatter with feta and serve immediately.
You can substitute frozen peas if fresh peas are unavailable. Caramelised red wine vinegar is available from select delicatessens. Substitute aged red wine vinegar to taste.