- 1 punnet each baby coriander, baby red chard, baby lamb’s lettuce (mâche), baby flat-leaf parsley, baby watercress and baby mizuna greens
- ½ cup elderflower springs (see note)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup elderflower tea
- 1For elderflower vinegar, place ½ cup vinegar in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Add elderflower tea and stir to combine, then remove from heat and leave for 10 minutes for elderflowers to steep. Add elderflower mixture to remaining vinegar in a bowl and stir to combine. Elderflower vinegar will keep for up to 3 months.
- 2Using kitchen scissors, snip baby herbs into a large bowl. Add elderflowers and gently stir to combine.
- 3Place 2 tsp elderflower vinegar, mustard, honey and olive oil in a bowl, season to taste and whisk to combine.
- 4Add vinaigrette to salad, toss gently to combine, then serve immediately.
Note Elderflowers are the edible flowers of the elderberry tree. Available from select greengrocers, make sure to purchase unsprayed flowers. Elderflower tea is made from dried elderflowers and is available from specialist tea stores.