- 6 nectarines (about 800gm)
- 50 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 gm coconut macaroons, finely chopped (available from supermarkets)
- 25 gm shredded coconut (1/3 cup)
- 30 gm soft butter
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- To serve: double cream, optional
- 1Cut nectarines in half and remove stones. Using a small sharp knife, cut away centres to make a shallow cavity approximately 3cm across, then finely chop pieces of nectarine flesh and reserve.
- 2Combine chocolate, macaroons, coconut and reserved nectarine flesh in a bowl, then stir in butter and egg yolk and combine well.
- 3Place nectarines, cut-side up, in a roasting pan and divide coconut mixture among cavities, mounding it slightly. Bake at 180C for 25 minutes or until nectarines are soft and filling is light golden. Serve nectarines, hot or warm, with double cream passed separately.