A syrup of brown sugar and Marsala adds rich flavour and depth to pears, while creamy ricotta tempers the sweetness.
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 80 ml Marsala
- 75 gm (⅓ cup) brown sugar or rapadura sugar
- Thinly peeled zest of ½ orange
- Ricotta, mascarpone or gelato to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine ingredients in a roasting pan in one layer, toss to coat, then bake until pears are tender and a syrup forms (20-25 minutes).
- 2Serve warm topped with a spoonful of ricotta.