Citrus pairs well with rhubarb and coriander seeds, while a dollop of zesty mascarpone ties it all together.
- 500 gm rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 3cm chunks (about 1 bunch)
- 110 gm raw caster sugar (½ cup)
- 80 ml orange juice (⅓ cup)
- 1 orange, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- Coarsely chopped pistachio nuts, to serve
- 250 gm mascarpone
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime, plus 2 tsp lime juice
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus 2 tsp lemon juice
- Finely grated rind of ½ orange, plus 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Toss rhubarb with sugar, orange juice, sliced orange and coriander seeds in a baking dish to coat. Roast until rhubarb is bubbling (15-20 minutes). Cool briefly.
- 2For citrus mascarpone, fold together ingredients in a bowl, serve with roast rhubarb and scatter with pistachio nuts.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm