- 450 gm firm ricotta
- 60 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 eggs, separated
- For greasing: butter
- For dusting: flour
- 200 gm green beans, trimmed
- 4 baby cos, cut into thin wedges
- 60 gm Sicilian green olives, pitted, cheeks sliced (½ cup)
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Process ricotta, parmesan, thyme and yolks in a food processor until smooth, then season to taste. Whisk eggwhites in a bowl until soft peaks form, gently fold into ricotta mixture, divide among four buttered and floured 200ml ramekins, smooth tops and bake until golden and puffed (12-15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, blanch beans until bright green (1-2 minutes), then refresh, drain and combine in a large bowl with cos, olive, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to combine, season to taste.
- 3Carefully turn out baked ricotta onto plates and serve hot with cos salad.
This recipe is from the September 2010 issue of .