- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 bulbs baby fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 550gm)
- 1 kg swordfish, skinned and cut into six 2.5cm-thick steaks (about 170gm each)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ cup mint (loosely packed)
- 100 gm capers, rinsed (½ cup)
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 1Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large frying pan, add fennel and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 2Place swordfish, fennel, lemons and garlic in a large roasting pan, scatter with herbs and capers, then drizzle with remaining oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Bake swordfish at 190C for 10-12 minutes, then add wine and cook for another 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- 4Place fennel, swordfish and lemon slices on a platter, then spoon over pan juices and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am