- 4 bananas, skin on, halved lengthways
- 165 gm coconut sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 80 ml (1⁄3 cup) coconut cream
- Coconut ice-cream, coconut flakes, chopped roasted macadamia nuts, mint leaves, finely grated lime rind and lime wedges, to serve
- 1Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Dust cut sides of banana heavily with sugar and place cut-side down in pan. Cook until caramelised (2-3 minutes), then transfer to a plate.
- 2Add the coconut sugar to the pan with 80ml water, stir until dissolved, then cook without stirring until caramelised (2-3 minutes). Slowly add coconut cream (be careful, hot caramel will spit), bring to the boil, stirring to combine, then transfer to a bowl and place in the freezer briefly to cool.
- 3Arrange bananas on serving plates, top with scoops of ice-cream, drizzle with caramel and scatter with coconut, macadamia, mint and lime rind and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am