An old-school chopped salad - think crisp lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, dill and mint dressed with white wine vinegar and grassy olive oil - is the perfect accompaniment to this summery lamb dish.
- 70 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp each dried mint and Greek oregano
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 lamb chump chops
Minty soft feta
- 200 gm soft feta
- 120 gm thick natural yoghurt
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint
- 1Combine oil, mint, oregano, garlic, lemon rind and juice in a large bowl, season to taste and add lamb. Rub mixture into meat well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, for minty soft feta, process feta and yoghurt in a food processor until smooth, add mint, season to taste and process to combine. Set aside.
- 3Preheat a char-grill or barbecue to medium-high. Cook lamb, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked to your liking (6-7 minutes for medium-rare), set aside to rest for 5 minutes then serve with minty soft feta and a crisp chopped salad.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chefs' RecipesPhil Wood's kipfler potato and calamari Greek saladYesterday 12:45am