Throw some chopped fresh chilli into the dressing for a little more spice.
- 6 chicken Marylands, skin slashed
- 50 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each sweet paprika, smoked paprika and ground cumin
- 4 corn cobs
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 150 gm drained canned tomatillos (see note)
- ½ cup (firmly packed) coriander
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 50 ml lime juice, or to taste
- 1Heat a char-grill or barbecue to medium-high. Combine chicken in a bowl with oil, lime juice, garlic and spices, season to taste and massage marinade into chicken. Grill, turning often, until browned and cooked through (10-15 minutes).
- 2Drizzle corn with a little olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and tender (6-8 minutes). Cut kernels from corn, keeping in clusters, then transfer to a bowl. Just before serving, add avocado and spring onion.
- 3For tomatillo dressing, process tomatillos, coriander and garlic in a small food processor until smooth, add olive oil and lime juice, season to taste and process to combine.
- 4Drizzle tomatillo dressing over corn mixture to taste and toss to combine. Serve with spiced chicken and extra dressing to taste.