- 2 T-bone steaks (about 400gm each), at room temperature
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 300 gm mixed cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 2 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp aged balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Juice and finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 1 buffalo mozzarella (about 200gm), coarsely torn
- 1/3 cup (loosely packed) small basil leaves
- 1Heat a barbecue to medium-high heat. Drizzle steaks with a little olive oil, season to taste and barbecue, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking (12-15 minutes for medium-rare). Set aside to rest (10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice and rind in a bowl and season to taste. Just before serving, add mozzarella and basil and toss to combine. Pile on top of steaks and serve.