- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 chorizo, thickly sliced
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, plus 1 extra clove, halved, for rubbing
- 800 gm canned white beans, drained, rinsed
- 200 gm canned cherry tomatoes
- 180 ml (¾ cup) chicken stock
- 2 oregano sprigs, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add chorizo and stir occasionally until browned (1-2 minutes). Add onion and garlic and stir occasionally until tender (3-4 minutes), add beans, tomato, stock and herbs, season to taste and simmer until liquid is well-flavoured and reduced by half (4-5 minutes). Remove herbs, add vinegar and season to taste.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Drizzle bread slices with a little oil and grill, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Rub with cut-side of garlic, top with bean mixture, scatter with oregano and serve hot.