This beetroot and feta salad packed with lentils and seeds makes a light meal on its own, but it's equally good with grilled lamb.
- 2 beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp vincotto (optional)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 400 gm canned lentils, rinsed and drained well
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- Large handful of flat-leaf parsley, torn
- Handful of mixed seeds such as sunflower seeds and pepitas
- 100 gm soft feta, cut into large cubes
- 1Add beetroot and olive oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat and stir to coat. Add stock, season to taste, cover with a lid and simmer until tender (14-15 minutes).
- 2Transfer beetroot to a bowl with a slotted spoon, add vinegar, vincotto, extra-virgin olive oil and half the lentils, season to taste and toss to combine. Place remaining lentils in a serving bowl, top with beetroot mixture, shallot, parsley, seeds and feta, and toss lightly to serve.