- 3 beetroot, unpeeled and halved
- 70 gm (2/3 cup) walnuts
- 3 witlof, thickly sliced crossways
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced, rinsed
- To serve: spreadable or soft goat’s cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Boil beetroot in a saucepan over medium-high heat until tender (20-25 minutes), then drain, peel and cut into wedges.
- 2Meanwhile, toast walnuts in oven until golden (4-6 minutes). Set aside to cool, then coarsely chop.
- 3For pomegranate dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl then season to taste.
- 4Combine witlof in a bowl with shallot, add half the dressing and toss to coat. Add beetroot and walnuts, toss, then serve with topped with goat’s cheese and drizzled with remaining dressing.