- 375 gm sheet butter puff pastry (see note)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp milk, for eggwash
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 300 gm strawberries, halved
- 200 gm raspberries
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- Juice of 1 mandarin
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125 gm goat’s curd, softened
- 125 gm cream cheese, softened
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, sieved, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut pastry sheet in half to form a rectangle (reserve other half for another use), place on tray and prick with a fork. Brush lightly with eggwash, scatter with 1 tbsp caster sugar and top with a sheet of baking paper. Place a 2cm-high metal cutter in each corner of the tray and place another tray on top (this helps the pastry rise evenly). Bake until golden and crisp (18-20 minutes). Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- 2Meanwhile, combine strawberries, raspberries, vanilla, mandarin juice and remaining caster sugar in a bowl and stand to macerate (15 minutes).
- 3Whisk goat’s curd, cream cheese, thickened cream, honey and icing sugar in an electric mixer until soft peaks form, spread mixture over pastry, top with berry mixture and serve.
We use Carême butter puff pastry, sold in 375gm sheets.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm