These fruit fools, lightened up with yoghurt and blueberries, can be made ahead - cover and refrigerate them for up to six hours before serving.
- 250 gm blueberries
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons and 1 tsp lemon juice
- 55 gm caster sugar (¼ cup)
- 300 gm thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 80 ml thickened cream (1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sieved
- Scraped seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1Combine blueberries, half the lemon rind and 1 tbsp caster sugar in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, lightly crush berries with the back of a fork and stir until thick (2-3 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and freeze until chilled (5 minutes).
- 2Combine remaining lemon rind and caster sugar in a bowl.
- 3Whisk yoghurt, cream, icing sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Alternate layers of yoghurt mixture and blueberries in four 200ml glasses, finishing with blueberries. Scatter with lemon sugar and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am