Cobbler is an American dessert similar to a crumble but with a shortcrust top. This version with blueberries is wonderful, but you could use any berry you like, or add some sliced rhubarb for extra tartness.
- 375 gm blueberries
- 40 gm caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- To serve: vanilla ice-cream
- 90 gm plain flour
- 90 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Stir blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and 2 tbsp hot water in a 1- or 1.5-litre baking dish and set aside.
- 2For shortcrust top, process ingredients in a food processor until balls of dough form. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead to just bring together, then roll between sheets of baking paper to the size and shape of your baking dish so that it neatly covers blueberry mixture. Poke holes through pastry at intervals with your finger, then bake until golden and bubbling (18-20 minutes). Serve hot with ice-cream.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm