- 200 ml pouring cream
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 80 gm caster sugar
- 25 gm plain flour, sifted
- Finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 50 gm hazelnuts, finely chopped
- For dusting: icing sugar
- 250 gm blueberries
- 15 gm caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. For blueberry compote, combine ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until blueberries bleed colour (3-5 minutes). Set aside.
- 2Combine cream and vanilla bean paste in a jug. Separate 2 eggs and set eggwhites aside. Beat yolks with remaining 2 eggs and sugar in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add flour and lemon rind and whisk to combine, then add cream and stir to combine. Whisk eggwhites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into yolk mixture. Add nuts and fold to combine.
- 3Divide batter among 4 lightly buttered and sugared 1-cup shallow ovenproof dishes. Spoon on blueberries and bake until golden and just set in the centre (12-18 minutes). Stand to cool briefly. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.