Chicken, herbs and mascarpone come together in this one-pan dish. Serve with mashed potato, bread or a side salad.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken Marylands, jointed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 300 ml white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 gm Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- Mashed potato (optional), to serve
- 1Heat oil in a casserole over medium-high heat, add chicken and fry, turning occasionally, until golden all over (4-5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- 2Add onion to pan and fry, stirring occasionally, until just softened (5 minutes). Add garlic and rosemary, stir to combine, then deglaze pan with wine and stock, scraping base of pan.
- 3Reduce heat to medium, return chicken to pan, season, then cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until cooked through (15 minutes). Add mushrooms, re-cover, and cook until tender (3-5 minutes), then stir through thyme and add mascarpone. Season to taste and serve with mashed potato.