This one-pot wonder is a winner of a chicken dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80 gm mild pancetta, cut into lardons
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 gm skinless chicken thigh fillets, thickly sliced
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 3 oregano sprigs, plus extra leaves to serve
- 800 gm canned borlotti beans, drained
- ½ bunch kale, stalks trimmed, torn
- 1Heat olive oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high heat, add pancetta, onion and garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until translucent (4-5 minutes). Add chicken and brown all over (2-3 minutes). Add wine, simmer until reduced by half (1-2 minutes), add stock and oregano and simmer until chicken is tender (10-12 minutes). Stir in beans and kale and simmer until kale wilts (1-2 minutes). Serve hot scattered with oregano.