- 1 lemon
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ cup oregano leaves, loosely packed
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 200 gm double-peeled broad beans
- To serve: wedge of pecorino and crusty bread
- 1Juice lemon, reserving juice. Using a sharp knife, remove lemon rind, withoutpith, and coarsely chop. Place lemon rind, parsley, oregano, anchovies, garlic and oil in a mortar and, using a pestle, pound to a coarse paste. Season to taste with reserved lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine broad beans with paste and serve with a wedge of pecorino and crusty bread.
Drink Suggestion: 2006 George Wyndham Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm