- 60 gm butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 220 ml milk
- 150 gm buckwheat flour (1 cup)
- 35 gm plain flour (¼ cup)
- 45 gm butter
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 kg assorted mushrooms, such as button, Swiss brown, field and oyster, sliced or quartered
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 120 gm fontina cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- 1Process melted butter, eggs and milk in a food processor until just combined, then add ½ tsp salt and buckwheat flour, and process, scraping down sides, until smooth.
- 2Refrigerate batter for at least 20 minutes.
- 3Stir batter and add extra milk, if necessary, to achieve the consistency of pouring cream.
- 4Heat a 25cm crêpe pan or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, then brush with a little melted butter, add ¼ batter, and swirl pan to cover the base.
- 5Cook crêpe until just set, then, using a metal spatula, turn and cook until light brown. Remove crêpe to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- 6For mushroom filling, melt butter in a saucepan, add shallots and garlic and cook until soft, then add mushrooms and parsley and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 7Stir in lemon juice and cream, and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 8Fill crêpes with mushroom filling and some grated fontina and serve immediately.