Sweet pear mingles beautifully with crunchy julienned cabbage and celeriac in this sophisticated salad, all brought together with a creamy ranch dressing. Add it to your vegetarian menu, stat.
- 500 gm white or red cabbage, shredded
- 2 corella pears, cut into julienne
- ½ celeriac (about 500gm), cut into julienne
- Mint and dill, to serve
- Sunflower seeds and roasted hazelnuts and walnuts, to serve
- 150 gm (½ cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) goat's milk yoghurt or buttermilk
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1For ranch dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl until smooth, then season to taste.
- 2Combine cabbage, pear and celeriac in a large bowl. Add ranch dressing, mint and dill and toss together. Top with sunflower seeds, hazelnuts and walnuts to serve.