- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and bruised
- 1½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp walnut oil
- 500 gm white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 beurre bosc pear, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 cups loosely packed watercress sprigs
- 75 gm walnut haves, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 50 gm soft young chèvre, crumbled
- 1Heat olive oil in a frying pain, add garlic and cook over low-medium heat until golden, then remove and discard, add vinegar, mustard and walnut oil (taking care as mixture will spit) and simmer for 1 minute.
- 2Place cabbage and pear in a bowl, pour over warm dessing and toss until well combined. Add watercress and walnuts, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine. Serve scattered with crumbled chèvre.